What is iFIT?
iFIT is a day habilitation and wellness program to benefit people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities. iFIT is unique as it emphasizes the importance of mental stimulation, socialization, and fitness in leading a full and productive life.
Who can be a part of iFIT?
- Program participants of Independent Industries, Inc.
- Individuals with intellectual or other developmental disabilities who are eligible for Medicaid
- Private pay individuals with intellectual or other developmental disabilities
iFIT provides a way for people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities to empower themselves through education, socialization, and general wellness - and many will have the opportunity to earn a paycheck by working on-site for Independent Industries, Inc., a division of Goodwill Industries of Kentucky.
- Money management
- Computer skills
- Community outings
- Exercise programs
- Nutrition and wellness classes
Job Skills Training Center
- Concession management
Life Skills Center
- Cooking classes
- Healthy meal planning
- Daily living skills (laundry, housekeeping, personal hygiene, etc.)
Additional services and programs may be available upon request.
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For more information about iFIT or employment opportunities with Independent Industries, please contact Rachel Young, Human Services Specialist. email@example.com 502-451-4631 ext. 119